Friday, June 19, 2009

The Denver Post

The Health Department is warning people not to eat Nestle raw cookie dough because of possible E. coli contamination. The state health department said that 66 cases from 28 states have been identified, including five in Colorado. I am guilty of eating raw cookie dough when I am baking for my family. I like it better than a baked cookie. I guess I will start resisting the urge to dip my fingers in the batter, but it will be difficult.


Consumers could get up to $4,500 toward a new car. The government is offering incentives this summer for consumers to trade their old gas guzzlers in for a new more fuel-efficient vehicle. President Obama is expected to sign into law the "cash for clunkers" program, which has been approved by the Senate. The plan works when car owners trade in a vehicle getting 18 miles per gallon or less for one getting at least 22 mpg. The dealership would give them a $3,500 voucher and if their new truck or SUV was at least 5 mpg higher than the older vehicle, they would receive a voucher for $4,500. I think that this a great program and will help the economy and the environment at the same time.

Jon and Kate are announcing a major decision on Monday. Jon and Kate from the TLC Network are going to make a big announcement on Monday's episode. This news is meant for viewers to become intrigued and make sure that they watch the episode. Since their marriage has become strained the show has increased in viewers but since the season premiere the numbers have dwindled. I use to love this show and enjoyed watching the sextuplets and twins grow but I cannot watch the show anymore. It has turned into a circus and Kate has to be the ring leader in each episode and I am sick of her.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo :( that bums me out! I do the same thing when im baking cookies. I guess thats the end to that. I'll just have to make homemade batter, its better anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's a shame, i definitely just ate cookie dough out of the tube 2 nights ago :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cookie dough too. I always have the urge to eat a little when im baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me just say -- Kate is an out-of-control CONTROL FREAK!!!
    It's so unfortunate that their lives are so public. She needs professional help and they both need marriage counseling. Very sad for the kids, very sad. Great kids, too, and the early years, Kate and Jon were close. Their parenting is still terrific, except Kate, as I see her behavior, is close to coming undone. But completely.
    kay

    ReplyDelete